On #MLKDay and every day, the Civil Rights Division is committed to furthering his legacy by protecting the civil rights of all Americans.

Jan 17, 2022 · 3:30 PM UTC

19
11
2
21
Replying to @CivilRights
I wish I could believe this, I truly do but as an indigenous American, I can't believe it until I see it. #everychildmatters
Replying to @CivilRights
Every judgment by Judges should be uploaded to a mainframe computer so inequities in sentencing can be flagged, and racism on these benches can be detected. For example if a judge consistently give vastly different and stiffer penalties based on race for the exact crime.
1
If a judge were to hear 100 J walking cases with similar rap sheets or criminal history, and 80% of them being of a certain race gets 6years and the other 20% gets no charges or community services it triggers a flag to the DOJ. This invites an examination of both policing and
1
Replying to @CivilRights
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!
Replying to @CivilRights
Ive been fighting so hard to try& bring justice to me, my friends fam& GF SHUNDRISE. Shes being forced into human slavery. I cant even call the PD, MY DETECTIVES, ANY LAWYERS. I just called the FBI line routed to same guy twice, didnt take info at all hung up quickly @hrw @UN_HRC
1
Replying to @CivilRights
That's also what I am speaking about when I speak about the difficulty in obtaining an ID card. Their move to minimize those polling places is absolutely a violation of civil rights. However, the larger question is, can we prove a criminal conspiracy... cnn.com/2022/01/19/politics/…
2
1
That minimization of polling places would track the hypothesis that they're requiring the ID card because of the minimization of available DMV ID card locations, and the difficulty in obtaining ID cards due to COVID and Real ID complications...
1
Replying to @CivilRights
Why is this election worker being threatened by White Supremacists and not receiving any protection or response?