RetroProgress: the possible progress in a living planet. Account created by @jmcampsc #ClimateCrisis #PrecautionaryPrinciple #RetroProgress #RP

Barcelona
Joined July 2019
RP 🌍 retweeted
L'obsession de la simplicité a conduit l'aventure scientifique aux découvertes impossibles à concevoir en termes de simplicité.
13
53
2
279
"A study of 123 countries that was published in the scientific journal Nature in 2020 came to the conclusion that actual emissions are not significantly lower in those countries with nuclear power than those without." p.dw.com/p/43XsG?maca=en-Twi… #nuclear #ClimateCrisis
0
0
0
0
'Tis a strange thing indeed that some people sitting in the road should be a bigger story than the biggest story there has ever been
11
203
5
593
0
3
0
5
Amazing? Who use cars, anyway? Not poor people, but rich ones... For example, negotiators at #COP26 #retroprogress
Replying to @BrentToderian
#COP26 has ignored bicycles as one of the cheapest & most efficient tools to reduce carbon emissions & fight #ClimateChange by focusing almost entirely on promoting a global shift to electric cars.” Canada should make them a priority in its climate plan. cbc.ca/news/science/cop26-cl…
Show this thread
0
0
0
2
A progress trap, exactly! #retroprogress
Fossil fuels are a progress trap, my latest for the Guardian on the back of yesterday’s IPCC climate report. theguardian.com/commentisfre…
0
0
0
0
Humanity must act now as if it were energy poor, because in fact it is right now. The problem is how to distribute this “poverty” so that it does not end up aggravating social differences to limits that can be catastrophic, as well as very unfair. bit.ly/3lHqp73 #COP26
0
0
0
0
RP 🌍 retweeted
"The total emissions of the richest 10 percent alone are set to exceed the 1.5°C-aligned level in 2030, regardless of what the other 90 percent do" - study from @SEIresearch and @IEEP_eu This is one of the many reasons why we need climate justice. #COP26 oxfam.org/en/press-releases/…
215
2,101
128
5,589
You haven't seen this video yet? #COP26
The Government™ has made an ad about Net Zero by 2050, and it’s surprisingly honest and informative. ✨ Feat. @GretaThunberg 👉 We're on Patreon: patreon.com/thejuicemedia
Show this thread
0
0
0
0
RP 🌍 retweeted
The Government™ has made an ad about Net Zero by 2050, and it’s surprisingly honest and informative. ✨ Feat. @GretaThunberg 👉 We're on Patreon: patreon.com/thejuicemedia
396
11,671
1,985
23,098
932,523
Show this thread
That's exactly the point 👇
Unless we achieve immediate, drastic, unprecedented, annual emission cuts at the source then that means we’re failing when it comes to this climate crisis. “Small steps in the right direction”, “making some progress” or “winning slowly” equals loosing. #COP26 #UprootTheSystem
0
1
1
3